Personal Learning Challenge Update – Post #4

I mentioned last week that my goal was to try and incorporate more of my own personal routine into my week. I managed to get 3 days in for the muscle up routine and 2 for my separate routine, along with a day of cardio in which I mixed with the muscle up routine on Saturday. I have been starting to see some progress in my normal routine as well, and this can definitely be contributed to the calisthenics training. It is commonly known that when you hit plateau in your training, you need to switch up your exercises and work different muscle groups. For the past while I have been sticking to specific exercises, and begun to hit plateaus, so this addition of calisthenics training has allowed me to work different parts of muscle groups that I wasnā€™t hitting before with my normal routine.

For the coming week, Iā€™m hoping to add/replace a few exercises into my routine in order to avoid that plateau. Iā€™ve chosen a couple from the list I posted a few weeks ago and they include:

Iā€™m not quite feeling confident enough in my ability to perform the other variations of the pull-up so Iā€™ll switch between these variations of the push-up for now. The decline push-up consists of me putting my feet up on a bench, then performing a push-up with my hands on the ground. As for the weighted push-up, I will start off with putting a 25lb weight on my back while performing a push-up, and hopefully progress to higher weights as time passes.

In relation to this weeks readings and the topic of social media discussed in chapter 7 of ā€œTeaching in a Digital Ageā€, Iā€™ve found that social media has definitely been my friend throughout this process. Social media can be described as a variety of web tools that can be used for general and educational use [1]. Just by searching up specific hashtags like #muscleup, #muscleuptraining and #muscleupprogression, I have been able to find several pages where they show specific exercises that allowed them to progress to a muscle up or they have other videos of them doing muscle-ups that I use for motivation. Social media is a very powerful tool and when used the right way and it can become useful in the learning context.

Workout Log Update #3

References used for this blog

1. https://opentextbc.ca/teachinginadigitalage/chapter/9-5-5-social-media/
Return